1E Nomad 6.0 launches today
Nomad release cakeToday 1E is proud to announce the general availability release of Nomad 6.0!! 8.5 months and over 6K hours were spent adding new features and enhancements that will help turbocharge your Windows 10 migration.
New Features and Enhancements
With Windows 10, Microsoft is now using Servicing Branches as the vehicle for making new features and security updates available to businesses – a measure that is set to increase content loads. ConfigMgr content and network traffic will now include Servicing Branch content as well existing software distributions, application deployments and OS deployments. Nomad 6.0 and PXE Everywhere 3.0 have been designed to cope with this additional content load thanks to the following feature:
- All content types are supported (not including Software Updates): Applications; Boot Image; Driver Packages; Operating System Images; Operating System Upgrade Packages; Packages; Task Sequences e.g. all of the previous included as reference packages.
- Different pre-cache jobs can target different collections – Admins can choose which machines to be targeted for pre-caching content. The administrator still has full control and content is only distributed to where it is intended to go. Simply stated, the admin has a choice.
- Integrated with ConfigMgr Admin console: Wizard-driven; No separate or competing consoles; Integrated with native ConfigMgr Security allowing administrators to take advantage of their existing Role-Based Administration model implemented.
- Efficiently leverages ConfigMgr’s software distribution system: Uses Management Point to locate content; If necessary, uses Distribution Point(s) to download content across the WAN.
- Does not create ConfigMgr policies – 1E ActiveEfficiency creates and stores pre-caching jobs which Nomad clients later download.
- Scalable-design – Massive number of clients can concurrently process pre-cache jobs and download content leveraging patented Nomad technology such as Reverse QoS®, P2P and other advanced features e.g. Single-Site Download, FanOut.
OSD Integration Enhancements
- Simplify Nomad integration with both software distribution and OS deployment task sequences – Nomad custom action for setting SMSTSDownloadProgram variable, enabling the task sequence to invoke Nomad during execution.
- All Windows 7/8/8.1/10 OS deployment scenarios are supported e.g. including Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade.
- New option allowing FIPS-compliant AES-256 bit encryption to be used during various peer-to-peer communications.
- New option allowing the Nomad share to be hardened by removing ‘Authenticated Users’ from the Nomad share permissions.
Read the full article here.